Total AV Antivirus to stay protected from damaging malware and viruses. Stay in control of your devices performance with a suite of speedup tools. Keep personal, private data safe with our Secure Browser, App Lock and Public Wi-Fi safety features. 10 Million users worldwide stay safe online with TotalAV for Android, PC & Mac. Total AV Antivirus is a cheap antivirus software designed to actively scan your computer for malware and stop any incoming malware from downloading onto your machine. However, when it comes to your security and privacy online cheap is not always good. We set out to find if the TotalAV antivirus app can compete with its more expensive rivals. Total AV is a small security vendor with a wide range of antivirus and other products. The firm has a simple free antivirus which runs on-demand scans to detect and remove threats, but doesn’t offer real-time protection. Total AV Antivirus Pro has Avira-based on-demand and real-time detection, anti-phishing, and a range of system optimization tools: cleaning up browser traces, duplicate and junk files, managing startup programs, optimizing boot times and more. Protection is available for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. We’ve just described the main Windows features, but other platforms have additional touches of their own. For example, Android users get the ability to password-protect apps, preventing others from accessing their most confidential data. to stay protected from damaging malware and viruses. Stay in control of your devices performance with a suite of speedup tools. Keep personal, private data safe with our Secure Browser. Also has App Lock and Public Wi-Fi safety features.10 Million users worldwide stay safe online with TotalAV for Android, PC & Mac. You can join them! Total AV Antivirus Key is a newcomer to the antivirus market, but it’s already competing with big brands like Norton and McAfee. Those internet security giants have spent decades building up their reputations e.g Norton’s antivirus engine has been tested to the limits by cybersecurity experts around the world. So why should you trust TotalAV to protect your devices and personal information?
Total AV Antivirus Key Features:
TotalAV provides an impressive range of security features. The malware scanner was excellent in my tests, catching almost all of the malware, ransomware, and spyware I hid on my test computer. I was especially impressed by TotalAV’s spyware detection, which detected some brand new threats that my dedicated antispyware tool, Spybot, failed to catch..
- That said, Total AV really impressed me with its variety of premium features — many of them outperforming competing standalone applications. Here are some of my favorites:
- System tune-up: Scans for junk files, duplicates, and PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs) to free up disk space.
- Password manager: Stores and autofills unlimited passwords with an intuitive browser extension. Protects passwords with hyper-secure TDES encryption.
- VPN (Virtual Private Network): Keeps web browsing private and unblocks geo-restricted streaming content using Windscribe’s powerful VPN technology.
- Web protection. Analyzes and blocks phishing sites, and also includes a secure search engine feature.
- Uncommon system tune-up tools for a base suite
- Smart scan is a helpful tool for PC users
- Low-rated zero-day protection
- Mixed results from performance tests
Minimum System Requirements:
- TotalAV makes applications for Windows, Android, Mac, and iOS.
- For Windows and Mac, that includes standard antivirus protection. For Android devices, you’ll get antivirus protection, an optimizer, and an app manager.
- It’s difficult to tell exactly what the system requirements are for each. TotalAV does not list any information about system requirements on their website. Instead, when you click on “download” for Mac or Windows, or go to the Google Play Store or iTunes, you’ll either find that it downloads pretty easily, or you’ll run into errors. Installation and setup
How to Install:
- In the past, TotalAV required you to make an account before even purchasing or downloading the software.
- One installed, TotalAV will spend a good few minutes updating its virus definitions onto your machine. Only after all of that can you actually install the program onto your computer. In all, installation took me just under 10 minutes, which seems a bit long to install a program. That said, most of that time spent waiting for the full installation was spent updating the virus definitions.
- Once installed, TotalAV runs silently in the system tray but will load up the dashboard, at least for the first time. It used almost no space on my CPU and consumed around 20 MB of RAM on my machine. All in all, it keeps a low profile.