WinToUSB is a nice software that allows you to install and run Windows operating system on a USB hard drive or USB flash drive, using an ISO image or CD/DVD drive as the source of installation. The WinToUSB also support creating bootable WinPE USB drive, it can help you to transfer the contents of WinPE to the USB drive and make the drive bootable. Additionally, “WinToUSB” can be booted on multiple computers. On the first connection, it automatically detects the system hardware, then downloads and installs the required drivers. So the next time it is connected to the same PC, it will instantly identify the proper tools. Because not all software supports running on such an operating system, it is advisable that they are tested initially, preventing you from encountering difficulties later on, when you might depend on that certain utility. WinToUSB is a free software that permits you to install and run windows working system on a USB Hard Drive or USB flash drive, the usage of an iso photo or cd/DVD force as the supply of set up. The Wintousb also help to create bootable WinPE USB force, it will let you switch the contents of winpe to the USB pressure as well as make the drive bootable. Windows does not have built-in USB 3.0 support, so Windows will have to be booted from a USB 2.0 port. Windows R2 is not completely portable. You may have activation and driver problems when booting on different computers. You need to be an administrator on the computer you are installing the WinToUSB on. WinToUSB is the best Windows To Go Maker that allows you to install and run Windows operating system on a USB hard drive or USB flash drive, using an ISO image or CD/DVD drive as the source of installation. Starting from version 2.0, you can clone current Windows OS installation (Windows or later) to a USB drive as a Windows To Go Workspace. WinToUSB also supports creating a bootable WinPE USB drive, it can help you transfer the contents of WinPE to a USB drive and make the drive bootable.
WinToUSB’s Key features include:
- Easy-to-use wizard interface that provides step-by-step instructions for installing Windows/WinPE on a USB drive.
- Install Windows/WinPE from an ISO image or CD/DVD drive.
- Support for Windows 7/8/8.1/10 Technical Preview/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2 and WinPE 2/3/4/5.
- Use any edition of Windows 8/8.1/10 Technical Preview to create Windows To Go USB drive.
- Support for MBR as well as GPT disk layouts.
- Don’t need to install WAIK (Windows Automated Installation Kit) or WADK (Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit).
- Windows is not completely portable. You may have driver problems when booting on different computers, so highly recommend using Windows to create portable Windows.
- Does not have built-in USB 3.0 support in Windows will have to be booted from a USB 2.0 port.
- The common USB flash drives are very slow. It takes a long time to install and run Windows from a common USB flash drive, highly recommends using a USB hard disk, a Windows To Go Certified Drives or a SanDisk Extreme CZ80 USB 3.0 Flash Drive to create portable Windows.
- Windows To Go drives can be booted on different computers, so you can carry it to anywhere as well as use it on any computer.
- You need to be an administrator on the computer you are installing the WinToUSB on.
- Add multilingual support to Windows PE environment
- Fixed bug: Failed to clone Windows
- Japanese language support
- Fix other minor bugs.
- Title: WinToUSB
- Developer: Home Page
- License: Shareware
- Language: Multilingual
- OS: Windows.